CBD products are known to many as helpers for everyday ailments and diseases. However, only a few people know that you can also cook with CBD oils or spice up your drinks with them. Yet this is exactly what has a big advantage for people who don't really like the taste of CBD oil. By adding it to food or drinks, the taste disappears and you can still benefit from the excellent oil.
Things to know about CBD
Besides food, drinks can also be spiced up with cannabidiol oil. This has some advantages, as the dosage is much easier. At the same time, the preparation of a drink is usually much faster than that of food. However, to avoid making mistakes, there are a few things that should be taken into account when adding CBD drops to drinks.
In the meantime, there are many manufacturers who produce CBD lemonade or CBD iced tea and beer. But CBD has a disadvantage in drinks. It does not dissolve and therefore does not have good bioavailability if you want to make your own drinks with it. This is because the active ingredient cannabidiol is not water-soluble and is therefore better dripped under the tongue.
Unless you use milk or other drinks that contain fat. Then it is possible to mix the CBD oil into the drink without any problems. CBD is fat-soluble and therefore needs fat to mix with the drink. A piña colada is one possibility, because it contains cream and the cannabidiol can dissolve. A latte is also an excellent way to use the CBD in it.
To use CBD oil in tea, the tea should have a very strong aroma so that the bitterness of the oil can be neutralised. At the same time, a dash of milk should be added to the tea so that the cannabidiol dissolves.
Another disadvantage is that the cannabidiol drops have quite an idiosyncratic taste and can thus mask the flavour. For this reason, it is recommended to mix the drops only in sweet drinks, so that the special hemp flavour does not stand out so much. Of course, it also depends on the amount of drops. With two to three drops, it doesn't make much difference. But if you use twice the amount, you will quickly notice that the cannabis oil tastes better.
In the meantime, there are also some manufacturers who produce water-soluble CBD. This is perfect for adding to drinks of all kinds and thus benefiting from the advantages.
What is water-soluble CBD?
If CBD oil is diluted with carrier oils, i.e. hemp oil, olive oil or others, the viscosity of the product can be increased. However, if it is added to drinks that do not contain fat, it can hardly be absorbed by the body. As a result, you lose well over half of the active ingredient. Water-soluble CBD oil, on the other hand, increases bioavailability. This means that the product can be absorbed better and more easily by the body. At the same time, the loss of the cannabinoids in the digestive tract is prevented. This is because due to the water solubility, the molecules are now so small that they can on the one hand be absorbed via the oral mucous membranes and on the other hand also be absorbed by the digestive system.
However, the water-soluble CBD has a big disadvantage. It consists only of CBD and does not contain any other cannabinoids. Thus, no entourage effect can occur. However, if you take CBD oil in addition to the water-soluble drops, you can also benefit from the entourage effect.
Which drinks are suitable for CBD oil and water-soluble CBD drops?
Basically, almost all drinks are suitable to use CBD in. However, the dosage form of the cannabidiol also matters. As already mentioned, CBD oil is only optimal in fatty drinks. The water-soluble CBD can be added to all other drinks.
Drink recipes with CBD oil
If you like to drink latte, tea with milk or other dairy products, you can mix CBD oil into the drink very well. Golden hemp milk is a very popular recipe that is often made.
Golden hemp milk with CBD oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled hemp seeds
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peeled and grated ginger
- Honey or cane sugar to sweeten
- 3 drops CBD oil
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
TIP: In winter, the milk can also be warmed up. The ginger and turmeric will warm you from the inside. In summer, the golden hemp milk can be enjoyed with ice cubes.
Caramel latte with CBD oil
- 500 ml milk - alternatively almond or soy milk
- 3 dates or 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 30 g nut puree
- 50 g soaked cashew nuts
- 100 ml double espresso
- 1 level tsp cinnamon
- 2 drops vanilla extract or ¼ tsp ground vanilla
- 3 drops CBD oil
- Put the dates, cashews, almond paste, espresso, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender and make a creamy mixture.
- Then heat everything carefully in a pot while stirring - please do not boil!
- As soon as the caramel latte is hot, pour it into cups and refine with CBD oil.
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa are suitable toppings. Coconut cream is also very tasty.
Piña Colada with CBD oil
- 6 cl white rum
- 4 cl coconut cream
- 2 cl cream
- 3 drops of CBD oil
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Pineapple juice to pour
- Pineapple pieces for decoration
- Put the ice and the ingredients except for the pineapple juice and the pineapple chunks in a blender jug and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a tall glass and top up with pineapple juice.
- Garnish with the pineapple chunks and enjoy ice cold.
Drink recipes with water-soluble CBD drops
- Ginger Basil Smash with water-soluble CBD150 ml ginger beer
- 100 ml grapefruit juice
- Basil leaves
- Honey or agave syrup to sweeten
- Ice cubes
- 2 drops of water-soluble CBD
- Crush the basil leaves in a mortar.
- Put the CBD drops in a glass with honey or agave syrup and mix well with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add the basil and top up with ginger beer and grapefruit juice and ice cubes.
Mango Mojito with water-soluble CBD drops
- ½ mango
- ½ lime
- 250 ml mineral water
- Honey or agave syrup
- Ice cubes
- 2 drops of water-soluble CBD
- Crush the mint leaves in a mortar and put them in a glass.
- Mix the CBD drops with honey or agave syrup and add 1 tablespoon of water and mix well.
- Cut the mango into small pieces and add to the glass.
- Squeeze the lime and pour the juice into the glass with the mangoes.
- Fill everything up with ice cubes and mineral water.